Ethics of AIM
The Australian Institute of Magic holds a strong code of ethics. Being a member of AIM requires members to abide by our code of ethics.
- To provide a well equipped and friendly meeting place where magicians can actively discuss, practise, teach and exchange new ideas, refine their acts and encourage each other.
- To co-ordinate lectures and workshops in magic.
- To produce magic conventions.
- To promote the art of magic to the general public through the media.
- To produce magic shows and events.
- To provide hospitality to visiting magicians.
- To discourage the wilful exposure of magic secrets through poor performance or deliberate revelation.
- To endeavour to credit inventors and creators of magic effects, principles and presentations and to respect their rights.
- To be honest and ethical in all business dealings with clients and fellow performers.
- To be kind courteous and respectful with clients and fellow performers.
- To discourage gossip, bickering, and unethical behaviour within the magic community
- To discourage the blatant copying of effects, principles, and presentations, especially when used in a commercial context or marketed to the magic community.
- To encourage junior magician’s through the AIM Junior’s program and our affilitated classes and programs.
- To abide by the aims of FISM as set out in the international statutes.